More and more adults are undergoing orthodontic treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists states that one in four orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance.
Why consider Adult Orthodontic Treatment?
- Improved alignment of the teeth to create a more esthetic and beautiful smile
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean, and may help prevent other health problems
- Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, we offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, esthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of treatment include:
- Clear braces
- Traditional metal braces
Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect.